How to use terminal to change mac-cache-ttl

Benjamin Donnachie benjamin at py-soft.co.uk
Mon Oct 17 23:41:20 CEST 2011

On 12 October 2011 16:44, Vortran66 <americabrazil1234 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I realize now that changing the cache values involves a little more than
> changing a few values and that I am probably in

way over my head.

Open a terminal and type "man gpg-agent".  Make a note of any ttl values you
want to set, eg:

       --default-cache-ttl n
              Set  the  time a cache entry is valid to n seconds.  The
default
              is 600 seconds.

       --default-cache-ttl-ssh n
              Set the time a cache entry used for SSH keys is valid to n
 sec-
              onds.  The default is 1800 seconds.

       --max-cache-ttl n
              Set the maximum time a cache entry is valid to n seconds.
 After
              this time a cache entry will be expired  even  if  it  has
 been
              accessed recently.  The default is 2 hours (7200 seconds).

       --max-cache-ttl-ssh n
              Set the maximum time a cache entry used for SSH keys is valid
              n seconds.  After this time a cache entry will be  expired
 even
              if  it has been accessed recently.  The default is 2 hours
(7200
              seconds).

Then type "nano ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf" at the command prompt and enter the
values you want without the preceding dashes, for example:

default-cache-ttl 0
max-cache-ttl 0

Then kill any existing gpg-agent with "kill gpg-agent".  As you are using
gpg-tools, you may wish to direct your query to their email list -
http://lists.gpgtools.org/mailman/listinfo/gpgtools-users

Benjamin Donnachie