private key protection

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Tue Oct 18 14:48:09 CEST 2011

On 18/10/11 14:36, Jerome Baum wrote:
> * I'm going to take the word to mean what it says: "key", not what I can
> flexibly interpret it as: "encrypted key".

One of those metal things in my pocket? What good are they for encryption? Even
if you manage to read it in, it still has way too little entropy...

Or in other words: the word has multiple meanings. If you want to discuss stuff,
you need to determine which of those meanings you're talking about, not attempt
to constrict the definition of the ambiguous word. That'll only lead to
bickering about which definition is the correct one.

Peter.

My key is available at http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~lebbing/pubkey.txt