STEED - Usable end-to-end encryption

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Mon Oct 24 17:24:40 CEST 2011

On 10/24/11 11:15 AM, Mark H. Wood wrote:
> No one can desire salvation until he believes that he is in jeopardy.

Although hellfire-and-damnation preachers are a popular cultural idea,
they're really quite rare: most preachers go more for the John 10:10
angle [*].  They've found through centuries of proselytization
experience that things work better if you pitch the benefit of the
faith, rather than the hypothesized penalties if you live without it.

The relevance here should be plain: we need to pitch the benefits of
confidential and assured communications, not the hypothetical penalties
if they fail to take our advice.

[*] "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it
more abundantly."  John 10:10, KJV