STEED - Usable end-to-end encryption

Devin Fisher lists at meumonus.com
Wed Oct 26 21:06:41 CEST 2011

It should probably be likened to sending a letter in an security-obscured and tamper evident envelope. How often is that done?

That being said, I've appreciated the discussion on this topic. Being a neophyte to mail encryption (I haven't even set up any of my own yet) gives a good perspective of the challenge.  Providing the tools, putting the security envelopes next to the regular ones, is a crucial first step and no matter how much user or carrier adoption hand-wringing occurs nothing will change until the tools are accessible.

Note the distinction between "accessible" and "available".

-Devin