MS Exchange server corrupting PGP-MIME emails

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Fri Oct 28 16:33:39 CEST 2011

On 10/28/11 9:07 AM, Phil Brooke wrote:
> Nothing relating to encrypted data, but I've seen an MS Exchange system
> rewrite signed emails (both PGP/MIME and S/MIME) with the obvious effect
> of causing failed verifications.

Likewise.  Older versions of GNU Mailman have a similar bug with respect
to PGP/MIME.

I'd love to recommend PGP/MIME, I really would, but it seems there are
just too many broken MTAs out there for me to be able to do that.  The
open-source MTAs are generally amenable to bugfix requests, but as long
as MS Exchange is a dominant MTA I doubt they're going to be responsive
to requests from a niche market.