ignore-cache-for-signing has no effect on gpg-agent

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Oct 31 11:22:34 CET 2011

On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 20:51, chaujc at gmail.com said:
> Despite setting ignore-cache-for-signing on gpg-agent, the
> key/passphrase appears to be cached when I use gpg to sign files.

Gpg does not use gpg-agent for private key operations; it only uses
gpg-agent for passphrase caching.  It would be possible to extend gpg to
ignore a passphrase cache for signing keys but that is a very special
request and thus won't be done for the stable versions ( i.e. < 2.1).
GnuPG 2.1 (which is in beta) really uses gpg-agent and thus
ignore-cache-for-signing is effective.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner