windows binary for gnupg 1.4.11 // compilation instructions posted

Johan Wevers johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl
Sat Sep 17 00:15:25 CEST 2011

On 16-09-2011 21:30, Simone Cianfriglia wrote:

> To achieve your desired result, it's required to run the exactly same
> compiler, including the version, with the same options targeting the
> correct architecture. Also a minor tweak in architecture settings
> could change the result, see for example the --march and --mtune
> directives of GCC to see how many choices there are.

Which makes me wonder how hard it would be to build GnuPG 1.4.11 with MS
Visual Studio. Back in the pgp 2 days I put a VS 5 (antique version)
project file for pgp 2.6.3ia on my site to create a win2 binary - better
than the distributed MS-DOS binary, at least it could handle long
filenames. That was easy - just put all the .c files in the project.

I'll just have to try.

--
Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,
Johan Wevers