windows binary for gnupg 1.4.11 // compilation instructions posted

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Sep 17 12:06:49 CEST 2011

On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 21:42, johanw at vulcan.xs4all.nl said:

> OK, then what about a direct link to the version of the installer still
> present on ftp.gnupg.org?

It was removed on purpose.  We - and this includes Enigmail developers -
want users to use the modern version.  Those how have a valid reason to
continue use of 1.4 know what an ftp server is and there first reaction
will anyway be

  lftp ftp.gnupg.org

cd to GnuPG (or gcrypt), read README and immediatley notice

    binary/              Compiled versions for MS Windows.

If they don't find this, I doubt that they have any need for 1.4.  1.4
is not aimed for desktop users but for vintage Unix versions and maybe
for servers.  Admins should still kknow that tehre is a thing called
ftp.

> Unlikely, since tyhe Windows executable file format contains a timestamp
> within the binary.

And cpp may also insert timestamps into the source code.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner