windows binary for gnupg 1.4.11 // compilation instructions posted

John Clizbe JPClizbe at tx.rr.com
Mon Sep 19 00:28:09 CEST 2011

Johan Wevers wrote:
> On 16-09-2011 21:30, Simone Cianfriglia wrote:
>
>> To achieve your desired result, it's required to run the exactly same
>> compiler, including the version, with the same options targeting the
>> correct architecture. Also a minor tweak in architecture settings
>> could change the result, see for example the --march and --mtune
>> directives of GCC to see how many choices there are.
>
> Which makes me wonder how hard it would be to build GnuPG 1.4.11 with MS
> Visual Studio. Back in the pgp 2 days I put a VS 5 (antique version)
> project file for pgp 2.6.3ia on my site to create a win2 binary - better
> than the distributed MS-DOS binary, at least it could handle long
> filenames. That was easy - just put all the .c files in the project.
>
> I'll just have to try.

You're much better off with MinGW and dependencies or Cygwin. There was a move
to try to write project files for Visual Studio some long time ago, but I don't
think anything became of it.

I have my own scripts, tuned bit by bit since 2004, but they are tailored to my use.

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John ( a ) Enigmail DAWT NET
FSF Assoc #995 / FSFE Fellow #1797  hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or

A:"An odd melody / island voices on the winds / surplus of vowels"