MS windows and gnupg

vedaal at nym.hush.com vedaal at nym.hush.com
Mon Sep 19 23:26:44 CEST 2011

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org wrote on
Sat Sep 17 10:33:54 CEST 2011 :

>I've yet to meet a Windows C/C++
>developer who was unable to get MinGW set up, especially since
MinGW
>moved to a much more convenient installer model

Apparently, the installer model is so good, that it installs ALL
the necessary files within the C:\Mingw folder.

I copied the entire folder to a flash drive, and put the flash
drive into another windows machine that had no MingW or Cygwin on
it, and was able to compile, make, and install GnuPG 1.4.11
directly into the flashdrive (into the flashdrive's MingW\bin
folder).

So,
as long as you don't need permission to run msys.bat from a
flashdrive
(Norton and some other antivirus software sometimes get upset with
this),
you can have a portable MingW-MSYS compiler that works on windows
machines).

vedaal