Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Tue Sep 27 09:39:17 CEST 2011

Hi there!

Please Cc: me, I am not subscribed to the list.

Thank you for having answered my questions.

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 09:09:38 +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 14:33, luca at pca.it said:
>> 2) given the fact that there is no SMTP error message and no
>>    notification, there is no way for the sender to know what happened
>>    with her/his email, which is a bit unfair.
>
> Posting are also distributed to the poster.

Do you mean that when a moderate post is accepted the poster receives a
copy?  This is not the case for gnupg-users@, I have never received my
posts.

And this happens way too late: it is more than a week now since my first
attempt to post to gnupg-devel@ and still I do not have any news of
that.  I do not know if this is because, as you wrote, moderation
(thanks to the hidden work of volunteers I, as you, am thankful to) or
because my first email got lost on the ns1.u64.de server (which is the
question I ask at the very beginning).

While I do not care anymore (I am now subscribed to gnupg-devel@, at
least until the environment file issue will be solved), I would like to
be sure it is not a problem on my side (my SMTP server or how I sent the
email), to avoid any consequence.

>> 3) not having notifications also means that you can not cancel your
>>    email, which could result in duplicate posts.
>
> You can't do that anyway.

I was surprised as well to discover that such an option exists!  Here is
the moderation email I received in reply to my last post to
gnupg-users@, check at the very end: