Gnupg2 Install on Solaris 10 Problem.

Simone Cianfriglia crimer at crimer90.co.cc
Thu Sep 29 00:12:51 CEST 2011

Hi Priya,

I'm not an expert of Solaris 10 on Sparc architecture, however I might
have found your problem in the procedure you followed.

> 1) I untar 'ed the build libraries from required tar files
> 2) After unzip/untar, formed below directories [...]
> 3) I ran "build.sh" file in downloaded make directory
> Than I ran make in same directory.
> 4) Ran ‘configure’ in /export/apps/gnupg/libgpg-error-1.9
> 6) Ran ‘make’ command in /export/apps/gnupg/libgpg-error-1.9
> 7) But, when I try to build the  libgcryp, I get below error.
> [...]
> checking for gpg-error-config... no
> checking for GPG Error - version >= 1.8... no
> Configure: error: libgpg-error is needed.
>                 See ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/libgpg-error/ .
>
> Seems - libgcrypt appears to depend on libgpg-error, and I  haven't
> successfully built libgpg-error.

That's true, libgcrypt depends on libgpg-error.

> 8)   The libgpg-error build installed the library somewhere that the
> libcrypt or libassuan build can't find - looking back at the log of
> the build, could not find exact install the library file?

What I'm seeing here (and what I'm reading from your procedure) is
that you didn't do the "make install" pass. That's why your
./configure script can't find the library on the system.

> I added the path /export/apps/gnupg/libgpg-error-1.9 to  the
> $LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable in .profile.  Still does not
> recognize the libgpg-error !

It'll be useful only if the directory you added is the one which
contains the library file. Search in subdirectories!

You can resolve this issue by installing the library with make
install. Of course, if you want to make your system clean from that
external software, you can set the installation path with the --prefix
parameter at ./configure.

> 9) Tried to build libassuan ; same error as above.

See above.

Hope it helps. Forgive me if I wrote something wrong for Solaris...

Regards and good luck,
Simone