gpgconf on FreeBSD-8.2

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sun Apr 1 14:19:37 CEST 2012

On Sun, 01 Apr 2012 12:07:42 +0200
Werner Koch articulated:

> On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 16:25, jerry at seibercom.net said:
>
> > $ gpgconf --check-config
> > gpgconf: can not open global config file
> > `/usr/local/etc/gnupg/gpgconf.conf': No such file or directory
>
> gpgconf.conf is an optional file it can be used to change the defaults
> compiled into gpgconf on a per user base.  The idea is to disallow
> users to change certain options from Kleopatra or another frontend.
> Sure, they can still edit the respective configuration files
> manually.
>
> > gpgconf --check-config ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf
>
> The gpgconf.conf file as a different syntax than gpg.conf,
> gpg-agent.conf et al.
>
> What to you want to do?

Sorry, I thought that was obvious. I want to check the file, in this
case the ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf file for proper syntax, etc. I am attempting
to use in in the same fashion that I use "postconf" to check Postfix's
configuration files. Many applications have utilities to check their
config files, "Dovecot", "ClamAV", etcetera. I thought that the
"gpgconf" utility would accomplish the same thing.

While the documentation does not specifically state that it DOES work
on the gpg.conf file, nothing says that it doesn't either. In my humble
opinion, the documentation is slightly ambiguous.

Sorry to have wasted your time.

--
Jerry ♔