pinentry

Thu Apr 5 04:50:58 CEST 2012

Am Mi 04.04.2012, 14:03:26 schrieb auto15963931 at hushmail.com:
> I use gpg on Windows OS. On the command line when I use this
> command:
>
> gpg -d filename.asc

> to another but instead causes the dialogue window to close after
> either the first or second clicking on the cancel button

This does not happen here (Linux, though). I don't know how to tell gpg which
key(s) to try first but if you use the command line then there's a work
around: You may call gpg with
--no-default-keyring
--keyring
--secret-keyring
and point it at a file which contains one key only.

I assume that gpg tries the keys in the order in which they are in the
keyring. Thus you may export all keys (secret and public), rename the keyring
files and import the keys in the desired order. This may have to be repeated
after changed to the keys (I don't know how the keyring files work).

Hauke
--
PGP: D44C 6A5B 71B0 427C CED3 025C BD7D 6D27 ECCB 5814