UBUNTU\Thunderbird\ENIGMAIL\GnuPG

Mike Acker mike_acker at charter.net
Fri Apr 20 15:37:48 CEST 2012

On 04/20/2012 09:18 AM, Mika Suomalainen wrote:
> 20.04.2012 15:46, Mike Acker kirjoitti:
>> 19.04.2012 14:45, Mike Acker kirjoitti:
>> I'm trying to setup Enigmail on an UBUNTU system and it gives me GnuPG:
>> Not Found
>> override ?  ( browse )
>>
>> what do I give it?  I found gpg in the /usr directory and I can run GPG
>> commands from the Terminal window so GPG is clearly available.
>>
> I will now reply the fourth time. I use "reply all" button, because the
> message doesn't seem to go anywhere with only "reply list".
>
> If you want to use gpg1 with Enigmail, use /usr/bin/gpg .
> If you want to use gpg2 with Enigmail, use /usr/bin/gpg2 .
> /usr/bin/gpg should work with default Ubuntu install, but if you want to
> use /usr/bin/gog2, you might need to install "gnupg2".
>
> If you are unsure, just use /usr/bin/gpg, it should work with all Debian
> based systems (including Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint etc.).

Thanks.   I had received your reply and posted a note to the list
earlier.  The results are successful.  You may notice I'm writing from
the UBUNTU system for this message.   I'm not sure why you seem to be
receiving the question over and over: I sent it once on ENIGMAIL list
and once on GnuPG User list.

I'll try signing this one...
Note: my earlier key has expired.  For that reason I've generated an
uploaded a new RSA key to the keyserver
so-- you may need to request the new key from the keyserver.