October 3: Deutsche Einheit

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Wed Aug 1 21:47:12 CEST 2012

A lot of people remember that each Christmas I remind people that 'tis
the season for giving and that it's possible to donate to the GnuPG
project, and/or related privacy charities.  Well, I hate to get into a
rut, so I'm (probably) not going to do that this year.

Instead, I notice that it's now the first of August and Germany's Unity
Day is just around the corner -- a holiday that celebrates the end of
the police state that was the German Democratic Republic and the
restoration of millions of people to a political system that has respect
for basic human rights and civil liberties.  On top of that, the
principal developer for GnuPG is German, so...

Tell you what.

>From now until Unity Day, for each euro you donate to g10 Code, I will
match it. [*]

Privacy is important.  More than that, privacy is a human right.  So
let's celebrate millions of Germans regaining their human rights, and
let's also help guarantee privacy for the future.  Who's with me?  :)

	http://g10code.com/gnupg-donation.html

[*] The fine print: as of right now 780 euros have been donated to GnuPG
development in 2012.  On October 4 I will be checking the donations page
again and figuring out the difference.  I'll match the difference, euro
for euro, up to 250 euros total.