Invoking GnuPG from CGI under Windows 7

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Aug 9 16:14:11 CEST 2012

On Thu,  9 Aug 2012 01:19, robertc at broadcom.com said:

> My question is two-fold:
> 1) Is it Apache or GPG that is trying to write a temp file into the system
> directory?

GPG uses temporary fiels to communicate with the keyserver helpers.

> 2) Depending on the answer to 1), what can I do about it? If GPG is doing
> it, can it be redirected to a temp directory where Apache has permissions?

GPG uses GetTempPath() from the Windows API, which locates the temporaty
directory this way:

   1. The path specified by the TMP environment variable.
   2. The path specified by the TEMP environment variable.
   3. The path specified by the USERPROFILE environment variable.
   4. The Windows directory.

Thus the safest way for you is to set TMP.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner