More CGI issues under Windows 7

robertcInSD robertc at broadcom.com
Fri Aug 10 06:07:05 CEST 2012

Hi,
New thread as I think this is a different issue.
I am invoking GPG from a Perl CGI running under Apache 2.2 webserver on
Windows 7. Although I have set up Apache as its own user I need to have my
CGI call a helper Perl script to get a successful invocation of GPG, e.g.
my $r = `perl GnuPGTest.pl 2>&1`;
This script has a single GPG command to retrieve a public key from a
keyserver. It returns the key information as I would expect. However, when I
try to expand this to include any GPG command by using a command line:
my $r = `perl GnuPGHelper.pl $cmd 2>&1`;
It is returning "gpg: processing message failed: eof ". A search of the
literature seems to indicate that GPG is expecting a message to encrypt or
decrypt, which leads me to postulate that for some reason GPG is not seeing
the command string.
Can you please explain the error message? Also, do you have any insights
into a better way to implement this under Apache? I have a standalone system
on a single machine working fine, so I believe I am using GPG properly.
Thanks for any help you can provide.