OpenPGP smartcard, how vulnerable is it?

Heinz Diehl htd at fritha.org
Wed Aug 15 21:42:10 CEST 2012

Hi David,

On 15.08.2012, David Tomaschik wrote:

[....]

Thanks for answering. There's no thread model so far - and I'm quite
shure that I'm not a target for any security agency :-)

The background for my question is simply "what's in it for me if I use
such a card". Will the benefits outweight the drawbacks, and what are
in fact such drawbacks, if there are some?

Frankly, I find it very convenient to be able to use a simple PIN for
nearly all operations, and not the long and compilcated passphrase.