what is killing PKI?

John Clizbe John at enigmail.net
Sat Aug 25 02:17:06 CEST 2012

Robert J. Hansen wrote:
> On 08/24/2012 07:33 PM, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
>> Thank you, John.  Simson Garfinkel has another one worth adding to the
>> list, but I'm blanking on it for the life of me right now -- give me a
>> day or two to dig through my pile of papers and I'll come up with it.

Chatting with Kristen, he pointed me to

Usability of Security: A Case Study. Alma Whitten and J. D. Tygar.
Carnegie Mellon University Computer Science technical report CMU-CS-98-155,
December 1998.

Abstract:
http://oai.dtic.mil/oai/oai?verb=getRecord&metadataPrefix=html&identifier=ADA361032

'The unmotivated user property' and 'The abstraction property' are
particularly worth noting and keeping in mind.

-John
--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John (a) Gingerbear DAWT net
SKS/Enigmail/PGP-EKP                  or: John ( @ ) Enigmail DAWT net