Gnupg-users Digest, Vol 107, Issue 24

Sin Trenton biggles.trenton at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 10:24:27 CEST 2012

On 2012-08-28 08:52, gnupg-users-request at gnupg.org wrote:
> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 21:48:54 -0700
> From: mercuryrising at hush.ai
> To: gnupg-users at gnupg.org
> Subject: Can IPAD or Android Tablets create Keys and use gnupg
>
> Can IPAD or ANDROID TABLETS create gnupgp private/public keys and use
> gnupg or is that still relegated to Windows/Vista, Mac OSX and Linux
> on desktop and laptop/notebook computer platforms?

For Android the OpenPGP app APG is available.
http://thialfihar.org/projects/apg/
Of course, I am certain people on this list may have opinions regarding
the wisdom of using it. ;-) The source code is available at
https://github.com/thialfihar/apg/tree/master/src/org/thialfihar/android/apg

Then again, I must confess I only keep public keys and no private ones
on the app. I find it pretty convenient to be able to encrypt notes or
files while "on the move/road/run", especially if I need to store them
temporarily at a cloud service.
Also, my default mail client on Android is K-9 which integrates pretty
nicely with the APG, so I can send messages to those friends that are
actually using GPG/OpenPGP. (All two of them).

BR
Sin T.