what is killing PKI?

David Chadwick d.w.chadwick at kent.ac.uk
Tue Aug 28 12:29:47 CEST 2012

  That tool is encryption, and it doesn't only enforce our
> privacy right, it also make us aware about people trying to take away
> that right from us, because the one trying to take away that right,
> first would have to take away our right to use encryption, or force us
> to install some backdoor on it.

Actually they dont need to force you to install a backdoor, they trick
you into installing a back door unknowingly. So you are unaware that all
your encrypted email is being decrypted by them.

e.g. by having two MS code signing keys, one owned by MS the other by
the NSA.

There are many such exploits available to governments (Flame, Duqu and
more fun from the Olympic Games come to mind)

regards

David