Web-based pinentry

Michael Gauthier mike at silverorange.com
Thu Aug 30 16:28:33 CEST 2012

 > yyy yyy at yyy.id.lv
 > Thu Aug 30 12:48:45 CEST 2012
 >
 >> As of GnuPGv2, the --command-fd method of passing passphrases no longer
 >> seems to work. Is there an alternative I can use so that the pin entry
 >> interface is still a webpage?
 >>
 >> Please let me know what I can use to handle pin-entry in a web-based
 >> system.
 >>

 > If I have understood correctly, in gpg2, in such cases you are
supposed to
 > use no passphrase at all.

Where can I find documentation that recommends not using a passphrase?
My understanding is a passphrase is important to protect private keys in
the event they are acquired:
http://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/manual/c481.html#AEN506

If I don't use a passphrase, how should I protect my key (other than
making it difficult to physically access)?

Cheers,
Mike