[Sks-devel] SRV records and HKPS requests

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Thu Dec 6 05:32:44 CET 2012

On Dec 3, 2012, at 2:00 AM, Phil Pennock <sks-devel-phil at spodhuis.org> wrote:

> On 2012-12-02 at 23:46 -0500, David Shaw wrote:
>> Hmm.  Were you intending to test with the internal HTTP support or
>> with libcurl?  You're currently built with internal support:
>
> Ah.  I couldn't tell, since the helper binaries are installed and
> nothing explicitly said so.  I used whatever FreeBSD Ports created by
> default.
>
> Looking at the Makefile, looks as though FreeBSD has a sense inversion
> in the curl option test for gnupg (2).  If you build with the CURL
> option set, as it will be by default, then instead of "Use the real curl
> library (worked around if no)" Ports passes --without-libcurl to
> GnuPG2's build.
>
> Turned _off_ that option and gpg2keys_hkp gains a lot more link
> dependencies.
>
>>> gpgkeys: curl version = GnuPG curl-shim
>>
>> Looking at the internal support, it seems not to work on platforms
>> with getaddrinfo(), which is odd as that part works in the 1.4 code.
>> Anyway, try the attached patch in addition to the original one, and
>> you should hopefully have better results.
>
> Looks like the internal support still isn't working, but the external
> is picking up the port (and visibly sending the DNS-derived hostname).

It's working, it's just misleading since the SRV replacement happens after the debug logging so the actual URL that is hit is not the one that is being logged.  If you look at netstat, you can see it's connecting to the right port.

Try this new patch (by itself, not on top of an earlier one) - it logs before and after the SRV replacement so it's clear what is going on.

David