mutt message "skipped: public key already present"

ilf ilf at zeromail.org
Sat Dec 15 18:49:47 CET 2012

Christian Aistleitner:
>>> skipped: public key already present
>>> Press any key to continue.
>> How can I disable having to press a key after this message or disable it
>> completely?
> So if you set encrypt-to to your own key, and Cc to yourself, your key
> would be added twice to this list, and GnuPG warns against this.
> mutt in turn sees that pgp_encrypt_only_command resulted in some
> output on stderr and therefore pauses so you can read the output.
> IIRC, mutt does not allow to skip the waiting (as $wait_key does not
> apply here). pgpewrap does not allow to mangle stderr. GnuPG does not
> allow to turn this logging off.

Right. I would like to disable this warning in GnuPG.

Back in 2001, Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> said on this list:

> I should better output thsoe messages only in verbose mode.

http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2001-May/008354.html

Has that ever happened? Does anyone know how to do that?

> Maybe mutt's fcc_clear covers your use case?

Thanks for that hint. But I prefer keeping mails sent encrypted also
encrypted locally.

--
ilf

Über 80 Millionen Deutsche benutzen keine Konsole. Klick dich nicht weg!
		-- Eine Initiative des Bundesamtes für Tastaturbenutzung