PGP/MIME use

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Wed Feb 1 18:19:41 CET 2012

On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 17:55:05 +0100
Werner Koch articulated:

> The Mozillas don't like OpenPGP.  To them it is probably too much
> anarchy compared to S/SMIME.  Ask the Mammon.

Windows users prefer S/MIME. I know I use it on my Windows machines
because it does not require me to install more applications. It works
seamlessly in Outlook, which is probably its biggest asset. Perhaps the
Mozilla folks, realizing that Microsoft users are probably its largest
base audience prefer to stick with what its main constituency want. Just
a guess and my own 2¢.

--
Jerry ♔