PGP/MIME use

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Wed Feb 1 23:01:26 CET 2012

On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 21:35:21 +0000
MFPA articulated:

> Seems likely to me that the majority of Windows users use neither
> S/MIME nor openPGP.

Which would equate to the majority of non-Windows users. However, of
those users on MS Windows that do use a form of document signing, I
believe that majority employ S/MIME, if for no other reason than it
works seamlessly in MS Outlook. As I stated elsewhere, I use S/MIME on
my MS Windows machines because it is just easier to do. I really,
really like the KISS principal. For that very reason, on my FreeBSD
based machines, I employ PGP. I see no problem with it and both work
quite well. Others are certainly entitled to their own opinion.

--
Jerry ♔