Moving from openpgp card to cryptostick

Klaus Layer klaus.layer at gmx.de
Sun Feb 5 22:20:57 CET 2012

Hi,

since several years I am using an openpgp card with subkeys. Because I have to
move to a new hardware without a cardreader, I bought a cryptostick to replace
my old openpgp card. I picked up my backup storage with the keyring with my
main key and run:

#gpg --homedir /keylocation --edit-key MY-KEY-ID
#toggle
#key 2
#keytocard

key 2 is my authentication key, so I have to select

(3) authentication key
Your selection? 3

Now I get the message

gpg: secretkey already stored on a card

How can I transfer my keys from the old openpgp card to the new cryptostick?

Thanks for your help.

With kind regards,

Klaus