GPG2 hangs the system if I activate another window

Raffaele Ricciardi rfflrccrd at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 02:09:37 CET 2012

Hello,

I've downloaded and compiled GPG2 on Debian Linux (Gnome).

When GPG2 opens a popup to ask for a password, I can't switch to another
window without locking up the desktop.  Neither the mouse nor any key
works anymore, not even the power button, and I have to keep it pressed
for 6 seconds to force power-off.

Is there any way around this? I need to switch to another window because
I keep my passwords in a password database application I may need to
open, and on a laptop with a touchpad, a click can be fired off
inadvertently anyway.

Thanks.
Raffaele

Software:
- gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.17
- libgcrypt 1.4.5
- Debian GNU/Linux version: 6.0.3
- Kernel version: Linux debian 2.6.32-5-686 #1 SMP Wed Jan 11 12:29:30
UTC 2012 i686 GNU/Linux