Encrypted large files cant decrypt

Todd A. Jacobs codegnome.consulting+gnupg.org at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 14:57:29 CET 2012

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 3:06 AM, Astrid Staufer <astridstaufer at gmx.ch>wrote:

> I encrypt with the folowing command on a server a backup and send it on an
> other server over FTP:

I'd suggest re-writing your script so that you can validate that the
archive is valid and decryptable *locally* before doing anything over the
network. The problem could be anywhere in the pipeline, the network, or the
remote server, so you really need to break this into pieces for testing.

At a minimum, I'd suggest setting your shell options as follows:

set -e
set -o pipefail

to make sure that you aren't having problems somewhere in the process
pipeline. If that doesn't work for you, then you just need to go back to
basics and test each stage of your archiving and transfer independently.