Encrypted large files cant decrypt

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Feb 29 09:24:10 CET 2012

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 18:16, astridstaufer at gmx.ch said:

> 1Gbytes. So it sems, that GnuPG has a problem with files larger than
> 2Gbytes, or there is a setting by my host, whitch caused in this problem, in

If your system supports files > 2GB, GnuPG supports this as well. In
case special options are created to build applications with large file
support, you may pipe data in and out from gpg.  This way, gpg won't
have a way to know the size of a file and will for sure work:

  gpg -er USERID <plain >plain.gpg

In case you use a shell which has no large file system support, you may
try this:

  cat plain | gpg -er USERID | tee plain.gpg >/dev/null

However, this is all very unlikely and your problem must be simewhere
else.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner