Question regarding unknown certificates

Jerome Baum jerome at jeromebaum.com
Tue Jan 3 22:37:34 CET 2012

On 2012-01-03 15:32, Werner Koch wrote:
> No.  There is sufficient information about this available.  For example
> check out the BSI documents pertaining to the qualified signature.

I have read the three paragraphs (out of 165 pages) that "Grundladen der
elektronischen Signatur" spends on this. They say (words to the effect of):

    The law says so.

(I see there could be use-cases for the chain model, as there could be
use-cases for any validity model, but I'm asking if anyone knows a
practical example. I always took gnupg-users to be a user-friendly list
of people happy to help out with general crypto-related questions. In my
mind for most cases the chain model is overly risky, no?)

--
PGP: A0E4 B2D4 94E6 20EE 85BA E45B 63E4 2BD8 C58C 753A
PGP: 2C23 EBFF DF1A 840D 2351 F5F5 F25B A03F 2152 36DA