RSA padding scheme

Sergey Matveev stargrave at stargrave.org
Sun Jan 22 16:48:28 CET 2012

Greetings everyone!

As I understand, such asymmetric ciphers as RSA and/or ElGamal requires
strong padding applied before "message" is encrypted. Message is of
course the one-time session key, used to encipher the actual data.

There are different versions of PKCS#1, NESSIE, OAEP and other schemes
exist. How can I get which one is used? Trivial grep-ing through the
1.4.10 source code (which one I am using) does not help me much.

Moreover I did not find the way padding can be changed/specified for
example for RSA.

I will be glad to understand what I am missing.

--
Happy hacking, Sergey Matveev            .
[CYPHERPUNKS.RU][FSF][FSFE][EFF] fellow ..: