Forcing use of software pinentry instead of hardware pinpad

gnupg at lists.grepular.com gnupg at lists.grepular.com
Tue Jan 24 22:45:10 CET 2012

I've got myself an SPR-532 smart card reader. It's working fine on my
Ubuntu laptop with my OpenPGP card. It makes very noisy beeping sound
effects when using the pinpad though. I was planning on using it in an
office environment, but the noise would draw unwanted attention and
annoy people...

I haven't been able to find any information on disabling the sound
effects it produces. Maybe that's simply not possible. Would it be
possible to use this reader and enter the pin in software, using
pinentry, instead of the hardware pinpad? The pinpad part of the reader
was a bonus, but it's not essential for my purposes...

--
Mike Cardwell  https://grepular.com/     http://cardwellit.com/
OpenPGP Key    35BC AF1D 3AA2 1F84 3DC3  B0CF 70A5 F512 0018 461F