Creating a key bearing no user ID

Wed Jan 25 13:52:27 CET 2012

Am Mittwoch, 25. Januar 2012, 05:10:34 schrieb John Clizbe:

> The same issues remain untouched just like the countless other times you've
> brought up this idea. What are it specifications? Is there any support from
> the IETF OpenPGP working group? Is there an implementation of your idea?
>
> Endlessly and tirelessly repeating the same "Wouldn't it be nice if...,"

I think your description of the situation is not correct.

IIRC there is no single technical issue which is regarded as a problem about
which it is unclear whether it can be solved.

The dispute is mainly about the interpretation whether is makes sense to offer
such a feature given the amount of addresses that cannot be protected: This
would only work for addresses which cannot be found by enumeration. Such
addresses are not "nice". mailinglisten at hauke-laging.de need not be protected
that way. This feature would require something like
mailinglisten--noenum-yvsYiP9y at hauke-laging.de against spammers,
threats (government agencies in e.g. China).

The technical questions would have to be answered but could be rather easily.
But why write specs if noone is willing to implement it, why write code if it
would not be accpeted, why point at IETF though the other way round is
expected there?

You may be right in that it makes little sense to endlessly repeat something.
But is it a serious difference whether this refers to an unsolved technical
problem or to an opinion.

Hauke
--
PGP: D44C 6A5B 71B0 427C CED3 025C BD7D 6D27 ECCB 5814