Why hashed User IDs is not the solution to User ID enumeration

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Sat Jan 28 09:32:26 CET 2012

On 01/28/2012 00:26, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
> ... Short version: for no-modify to work with the existing keyserver
> network

If anyone were inclined to implement this my vote would be for 1. A
whole new "no-modify only" network, and 2. Start from zero, and allow
users to upload clean versions of their keys.

I think you've made the case effectively that adding this to the
existing network isn't feasible.

Doug

--

	It's always a long day; 86400 doesn't fit into a short.