hashed user IDs redux [was: Re: Creating a key bearing no user ID]

John Clizbe JPClizbe at tx.rr.com
Sat Jan 28 19:29:10 CET 2012

Which is why I also wrote in that message:

John Clizbe wrote:
> Sorry, but there is no way to only return a single UID matching the search
> term. Things were never designed that way. (So there's really no reason not
> to put all three in a single ID.)

To repeat: OpenPGP and the keyserver network were NEVER designed to operate in
the manner you wish. I doubt they ever will operate in that manner. You cannot
blind a UID from other UIDs on a certificate. The day keyservers selectively
return certificate information is the day the keyservers no longer are trusted.

Like Rob, I'm done. There is no more to explain. Adios. Sayonara. Goodbye.

I'm going back to work on getting SKS to run on Windows.

-John

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John ( a ) Enigmail DAWT net
FSF Assoc #995 / FSFE Fellow #1797  hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or

A:"An odd melody / island voices on the winds / surplus of vowels"