Netiquette (was RE: Meta)

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Mon Jan 30 02:41:04 CET 2012

On 1/29/2012 8:19 PM, gerry lowry wrote:
> [everything snipped]

The name of the game, to me, seems to be ensuring the lowest common
denominator of communications.  If there's no need for HTML, why use
HTML?  If there's no need for attachments, why use attachments?  If
there's no need for a long subject line, why use it?

The Right Thing To Do appears to me to be UTF-8, plain text whenever
feasible, no attachments whenever feasible, coupled with healthy doses
of "please," "thank you," and a cheerful acceptance of the fact that
ultimately the only communications you control are your own.  :)