PGP/MIME use (was Re: META)

reynt0 reynt0 at cs.albany.edu
Tue Jan 31 21:27:45 CET 2012

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012, remco at webconquest.com wrote:

>  Most problems these days on the internet are,
> in my opinion, related to people being completely
> anonymous. If you stand behind your words, show
> so by signing your posts.

If the idea is more important than who said it, signing
(in both the non-technical literary sense and the crypto
sense) is extra.  After all, not everything is a contest.
Alternatively, if a comment is likely to be seen as a
contest (whether by some person or some Big Brother),
again signing is extra.  And in any case there is always
the virtue of modesty.