Slightly OT: PGP/MIME verification fails with new KMail2 and Thunderbird 13.0

Tue Jul 10 00:53:43 CEST 2012

Hello,

I was just pointed at the problem that for the last months all of my
signatures are supposed to be bad. I use KMail which shows both the emails I
have sent and those I receive via this list as correctly signed. I just used
Thunderbird (13.0) to check and TB claims even (most but not all) of the
emails in my IMAP sent folder to have bad signatures. TB doesn't even
recognize the received emails as signed (just shows an "attachment").

The problem seems to be newline-related. I do not waste time by filing a bug
report for the wrong software... Thus maybe one of the MIME experts here can
tell me who's wrong. The KMail behaviour seems to have changed from KMail to
KMail2. KMail2 successfully verifies the TB emails.

Thunderbird puts one more empty line between the body and the MIME seperator:

#######################################
PGP: D44C 6A5B 71B0 427C CED3 025C BD7D 6D27 ECCB 5814

--nextPart1869494.a4NpQxFzAE

PGP: D44C 6A5B 71B0 427C CED3 025C BD7D 6D27 ECCB 5814

--------------enigDCF37498B4DFB4B1B81B232B

I can manually successfully verify emails from both clients. So obviously one
of them feeds the wrong data into gpg (during signing or verification).

Hauke
--
PGP: D44C 6A5B 71B0 427C CED3 025C BD7D 6D27 ECCB 5814