Slightly OT: PGP/MIME verification fails with new KMail2 and Thunderbird 13.0

Tue Jul 10 14:23:11 CEST 2012

Am Di 10.07.2012, 08:43:55 schrieb Branko Majic:
> As a curiosity, could you have both clients save the message in raw
> format somewhere on the disks, and compare if they're the same with a
> checksum?

A checksum is not neccessary, it's obviously not the same. KMail stores the
files with \n line endings instead of \r\n. In order to successfully verify
the signature I had to convert the KMail file to \r\n and to remove the \r\n
(both) on the last line until I added a \n to my text signature.

I just checked the files after the conversion to \r\n. There were more
differences (probably not relevant for this problem). The KMail file has an
addidional line at the beginning:

>From hauke at laging.de Mon, 09 Jul 2012 20:06:34 +0200

Furthermore the KMail file has \r\n at the end of the last line, the TB file
does not. But the signed part and the signature are stored identically.

Hauke
--
PGP: D44C 6A5B 71B0 427C CED3 025C BD7D 6D27 ECCB 5814