why is SHA1 used? How do I get SHA256 to be used?

Sam Smith smickson at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 10 14:42:04 CEST 2012

Yeah, there's still people on Internet Explorer 6 & 7 too and they cause all kinds of problems for web developers. If people using really old versions can't read something, that's really their burden to update their software. SHA1 is no longer secure. I'm not going to cater to people using really old versions, especially when security is involved.