KeePass or any other password wallet to store and transport keys

antispam06 at sent.at antispam06 at sent.at
Mon Jul 23 13:21:09 CEST 2012

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012, at 21:16, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
> The real concern here isn't making the overall system weaker: it's
> fooling yourself into thinking you've made the system stronger, when in
> reality you probably haven't.

I don't want to make it really stronger. Just less usable for the
everyday thief. I don't want something like a WEP password. I use
KeePass as it is a comfortable option. It has much overhead than a plain
text file, yet it's portable. I use TrueCrypt drive as an enhanced zip
archive. Now, GPG, with its asymetric encryption, sounds better, but
it's less portable. Altough there are more systems that have it
installed than systems with TrueCrypt. In my case TrueCrypt is only a
wrapper around a GPG keychain, a database and some backups.