GPG key to authenticate to SSH?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Jul 30 11:50:43 CEST 2012

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 21:39, jeroen at budts.be said:

> enable a GPG key for SSH with gpg-agent 2.1. What I do not yet
> understand is how would add your public key to the authorized_keys
> file on the server? Wouldn't the gpgkey2ssh-script still be needed for

  ssh-add -L

(capital L) prints the public key as retrieved from gpg-agent.

> Oh and one other small question: what exactly is a 'keygrip'? Why

That is a protocol neutral way to identify a public key.  It is a hash
over the actual public key parameters.  It is GnuPG specific but for
example, pkcs#15 uses a similar technique.  To compute it, you should
use the respective Libgcrypt function.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner