message signature types

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Jul 31 20:58:37 CEST 2012

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 18:57, auto15963931 at hushmail.com said:

> even done this way, and making use of message signatures which utilize
> an "smime.p7s" file? I got a message from someone who uses this, and I

Feel free to ask here.  GnuPG has a complete CMS/X.509 (aka S/MIME)
implementation.

> like this. Especially important for me is learning how to check whether
> it had been revoked, etc.  Where is a support group for this sort of

By default GPGSM consults a CRL - in theory this is all you need.  The
little remaining problem is that PKIX (the public key infrastructure
used with S/MIME) does not work at all at a global level - or well, it
is not as secure as Verislime, Diginotar, and others try to tell you.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner