invalid gpg key revocation

auto15963931 at hushmail.com auto15963931 at hushmail.com
Tue Mar 6 19:59:48 CET 2012

I do in fact use gpg-agent and a cache >0, but this machine is not
in a workplace or public location. It is in my home, in a place
where visitors have no access, and my family would not have been
able to do this.  My machine has considerable security. I am not
saying it would be 100% impossible to get access, but I am saying
that if there is a possibility, I am not aware of it and I need to
be so that I can prevent it recurrence.  I do believe that there is
another more plausible explanation.

For instance, what procedure occurs at the server itself that
allows the revocation to occur?  Is it a fully automated event? Is
there a way for a person without a key to issue a command to the
server in any way to make this happen?

> I have verified that one can generate a revocation certificate
without
> entering a passphrase if one has previously signed something
(e.g. an
> email). So, it was probably just a very nasty prank.

This is good information, but I personally would give it a stronger
name than prank.

> Maybe gpg shouldn't use the cached signing passphrase (or any
cached
> passphrase) for generating a revocation certificate.

This does sound like a reasonable consideration, in my opinion. At
least, I would like to have that option configurable.