Errors when running the relative executables after compiling gnupg-2.0.18 on MinGW

Peter Chen chencg.hn at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 07:19:46 CEST 2012

Dear All,

I have managed to compile gnupg-2.0.18 on MinGW which is installed on my
Windows 7 PC. My steps to compile it are as below:
1. tar -jxvf gnupg-2.0.18.tar.bz2, then cd to the directory gnupg-2.0.18
2. run command './configure' to make configurations.
3. change the Makefile under the directory 'gnupg-2.0.18/g10' and
'gnupg-2.0.18/tools' to enable gcc to link the zlib library correctly, by
modified the flag 'ZLIBS' to 'ZLIBS = -lz -L/usr/local/lib
-I/usr/local/include' in the Makefile.
4. run command 'make'
5. run command 'make install'

That's all. And all goes well - the relative gnupg executables (gpg2.exe,
gpgsm.exe, gpgconf.exe, etc) are generated and copied to the
/usr/local/bin.
But when I cd to the directory /usr/local/bin and run command 'gpg2
--version' in the MingGW shell, then a window of appcrash is prompted,
showing that gpg2.exe is already stopped.
Results of running other executables are the same.

I don't know why this happen. Can anyone help me to go though it?

If you answer my question, please cc me back as I don't subscribe as a
member of gnupg-users.

Thank you