gnupg.conf

John jw72253 at verizon.net
Thu Mar 29 23:16:58 CEST 2012

Hello.  I am using gpg 2.0.17 on Windows OS. I also have the GPA and
GPGshell
front ends installed.

I see these config files: Gpa.conf, gpg.conf, gpg-agent.conf, gpgsm.conf,
all
within gnupg folder.  Are there other config files installed for this
program,
aside from what might be in one of the front-end programs?

Also, I see this in a number of places within its (several?) config files,
various settings like these:

###+++--- GPGConf ---+++###
utf8-strings
auto-key-locate local
#verbose
keyserver hkp://keys.gnupg.net
###+++--- GPGConf ---+++### 03/24/12 23:52:04 Central Daylight Time
# GPGConf edited this configuration file.
# It will disable options before this marked block, but it will
# never change anything below these lines.

Even so, I can see that configuration settings do in fact exist above and
below
this block, and they do not appear to be disabled from what I can tell.  Is
this
a functionality of gpg itself or of one of the front-ends? Thanks.

John