SSH Agent keys >4096 bit?

Ali Lown ali at lown.me.uk
Fri May 4 18:21:50 CEST 2012

> Let me turn things around.  Other than providing opportunities to
> discuss the practicalities of large RSA keys, is there any reason why
> the agent should care what size key it is storing?

Thank you for trying to return this discussion to the original topic.

My intention as OP was to ask how difficult it would be to implement
(it seems to just be a magic-value in the code), rather than the
discussion on the (non?)merits of 8k keys this thread appears to have
become. (Which seems to have a split opinion amongst the
more-knowledgeable-than-me residents of this list).

Ali