SSH Agent keys >4096 bit?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri May 4 19:08:32 CEST 2012

On Fri,  4 May 2012 16:59, dougb at dougbarton.us said:

> I hope you reconsider backporting ECC to 1.4. Given some of the changes

It would be a lot of work and I doubt that we can find anyone to finance
that.  In fact, finding financial support for any kind of work on GnuPG
is very hard.

> you've announced for 2.1 I think there are a non-trivial number of users
> who will be dropping 2.x altogether.

Really?  The only major change users might notice is the dropping of
secring.gpg - something I am announcing for more than 10 years ("Please
always use --export or --import and don't use the keyring files
directly").

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner